Company Name: Sleep Health MD
Job Title: Lab Manager
Sleep Health MD is a comprehensive sleep center with a focus on high quality patient care based in beautiful Santa Cruz, CA. We have 14 beds in 3 locations in the Santa Cruz and Bay Area and are growing. We are looking for an experienced Lab Manager to oversee the 3 labs and maintain AASM accreditation standards. The Sleep Lab manager will work along side the Office and DME managers to ensure high quality patient care across all areas of the organization and will report to the COO and Medical COOs.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 5+ years in a clinical role conducting polysomnography sleep studies.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience. Experience with process development and implementation helpful.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or relevant degree preferred.
- Relevant California Clinical License and BCLS certification required within 30 days of hire.
- Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally.
- The manager is responsible for overseeing the night tech staff of 15-20 employees as well as the day time scoring staff.
- Partner with the physicians and mid-level providers to provide the highest quality clinical care to all patients.
- Collaborate with all departments to ensure an outstanding patient experience.
- Support the staff clinically; the manager demonstrates proficiency in all Performance Standards/Expectations of one of the professions within the department.
- Ensure high quality care, oversees staff development, competency and education within the department:
- Communicate standards of care, regulatory requirements and California State and AASM policies to staff and hold them accountable for compliance.
- Complete staff evaluations and review with COO as needed.
- Inform the COO when need arises to counsel employees for deficient practices and/or standards.
- Incorporate evidence based practice into the department.
- Facilitate educational programs for unit specific competencies.
- Oversee the department payroll.
- To ensure patient access is met in a cost effective manner:
- Ensure adequacy of staffing and hire appropriately.
- Complete and maintain staffing schedule.
- Monitor productivity.
- Monitor and adjust hours of operation.
- To support a patient centered environment
- Continually assess processes, and adjust as needed, to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure all decision making has the patient as the focus.
- Monitor timeliness of appointments, no shows, cancellations etc.
- Monitor patient satisfaction make improvements within the department.
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of administrative services and customer service in Respiratory and Sleep Health Departments
- To provide a professional and safe environment for staff:
- Communicate effectively through multiple venues (email, bulletin boards, staff meetings etc.).
- Engage staff in decision making and planning for the department.
- Foster collaborative relationships within the department.
- Address concerns proactively, timely and effectively.
- Ensure policies and procedures are current and evidenced based.
- Ensure the environment is maintained appropriately (equipment in good repair, cleaned appropriately etc.).
- Ensure financial viability of the department:
- Monitor documentation for adequacy and implement changes as needed
- Monitor charge capture and implement changes as needed
- Monitor referral process for timeliness, accuracy, and effectiveness
- To adequately support the COO:
- Perform duties as assigned
- Provide input into short and long range department goals and objectives
- Provide input into budget and capital spending plans
- Makes recommendations for equipment repair and purchase. Works according to policy and procedure for equipment purchase, and maintains within the approved capital budget.
- To ensure personal growth and development:
- Proactively participate in self-appraisal and self-reflection Participate in educational opportunities.
- Keep current in professional and leadership readings.