November 2019 Newsletter
Thrive with California Sleep Society membership collaboration or simply Survive
Board of Directors – 2020 Ballot
The voting poll is open through the end of this month. If you haven’t voted, please do so. If you have voted, thank you – your vote helps shape the future of the California Sleep Society.
(Check your email for the ballot – we emailed the election ballot on November 11th!)
13th ANNUAL EDUCATIONAL SYMPOSIUM
The Symposium is returning to San Diego in 2020! Stay tuned for details regarding the date and the venue.
RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP TODAY!
Membership Benefits Include:
1. Education events in sleep medicine
2. Contact listings with other sleep professionals
3. Local networking opportunities
4. Shared insights into sleep legislation and legislative advocacy
5. CSS Newsletter and opinion pieces
6. Discount on CSS annual meeting
7. Ability to place ads or publish articles in Newsletter
8. Listing in California membership directory
Feature: What is Patient Advocacy and how can we help our Sleep Disorders Patients.
By Robyn Woidtke, RN, RPSGT
We all need help and support during medical situations that impact our and/or our loved one’s life. During difficult times it is easy to feel vulnerable, alone, afraid and uncertain as to what lies ahead. I do not think sleep disorders are any different from any other chronic condition, but it may be that absence of appropriate sleep or a sleep apnea diagnosis is still not considered significant, therefore, advocacy may not be seen as a necessary component for our patients.