JOB TITLE: Registered Polysomnographic Technologist
JOB TYPE: PART-TIME @ $35/hr
ORGANIZATION: San Leandro Sleep Disorders Center
- Registered Polysomnography Technologist (RPSGT) credential from the Board for Registered Polysomnography Technologists (BRPT)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association
- Good standing with the Medical Board of California (MBC)
- Bi-Lingual (English and Spanish or Chinese speaking) is preferred but not required
JOB DESCRIPTION: The ideal candidate must be able to perform comprehensive polysomnographic testing, analysis, and associated interventions, under the general oversight of our Medical Director and must be capable of working independently with little supervision.
EXPERIENCE: One to two years
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent Patient Care Skills
- Communicates Effectively (verbal and written)
- Computer Literate (MS Suite and Windows OS)
- Time Management and Problem Solving Skills are essential
- Must have a sense of accountability
- Must be able to get along well with his/her co-workers
- Knowledgeable of common sleep disorders and treatment options.
- Knowledgeable of Sleep Lab equipment, its function and purpose including calibration.
- Monitors patient’s physiological response during testing such as vital signs, oxygenation, electroencephalography changes, etc.; evaluates changes in patient condition, and documents signs and symptoms which require notification and / or intervention of a physician.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and the skills necessary to provide age specific and appropriate care of the patient according to their age category; interprets data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s age specific needs consistent with the care of the patient.
- Reviews patient’s medical history, allergies, current medications, and patient questionnaire.
- Explains procedures to patient before, during and after sleep study.
- Performs patient set-up: attaches electrodes and monitors to patient according to accepted standards.
- Monitors patient via video for any unusual sleep behaviors.
- Records observations of patient throughout the sleep study at specific time intervals and as appropriate.
- Ensures signals are received on the computer, all monitors are recording data throughout the sleep study.
- Ability to gather artifact-free polysomnographic data; trouble shoots any artifacts and provides correction.
- Ability to recognize normal and abnormal sleep patterns.
- Ability to correctly interpret physiologic tracings and to quickly make a decision to intervene regarding an emergency situation or potential for.
- Knowledgeable of protocols for PAP therapy.
- Knowledgeable of protocols for oxygen therapy.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient’s safety and reduces the likelihood of medical / health care errors.
- Promptly reports patient incidents, errors or problems and any unsafe practices or environmental conditions to supervisor.
- Maintains and operates all Sleep Lab equipment safely and correctly. Inspects and tests Sleep Lab equipment to ensure that it is functioning safely and efficiently, orders repairs or recommends replacement as needed.
- Monitor/Supervises other Sleep Technicians as directed by the Manager
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Please send your resume via email or fax (510-614-7738).