Company Name: UCLA Health
Job Title: Sleep Lab Manager
Under the direction of the Medical Directors and the Administrative Director, provide day-to-day oversight, management, and support of the Sleep Laboratory. Directly supervise technical staff, and administrative staff utilizing input from Medical Director and Principal Technologists, monitoring workflow, evaluating their performance, establishing procedures, and recommending systems for optimum performance. Maintain and improve daily clinic operation that includes the preparation, analysis, monitoring, and reporting of monthly and yearly department budget and budget variances, payroll and personnel issues, inventory control and materiel management, and other special projects. Assist in establishing and coordinating the Residency/Fellows Program, and other special tasks. Bring opportunity for grants to medical directors for funding and research opportunities. Type and edit drafts of reports and correspondence pertaining to sensitive personnel and funding issues. Independently interact with divisional offices to collect data and coordinate timely completion of projects involving department-wide and inter-department cooperation. Oversee all Sleep Laboratory staffing and Human Resources-related issues, as well as provide backup and assistance to the overall Clinical Neurophysiology management team.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- RPSGT credential required.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission, CMS, AASM, and University Compliance standards required.
- 5 years progressive experience working in an academic medical center preferred.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures pertaining to Medi-Cal, California Children’s Services (CCS), HMOs, PPOs, third party payors, as well as authorization and eligibility requirements.
- Ability to travel to off-site clinic locations and willingness to perform sleep studies as the department needs.