Polysomnographic Technologist – Day
At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work.
You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So, if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
If you are looking to join a highly motivated team that is focused on providing the best quality patient care, then this is the opportunity for you. You will be joining the Sleep Lab team at Scripps Clinic – Torrey Pines where you will work in collaboration with the other team members to support, direct, and oversee the routine function of the lab.
The Polysomnographic Tech Lead performs the following duties:
- Works with Medical Director and management staff to provide evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders that may involve polysomnography, diagnostic and therapeutic services, and/or patient care and education.
- Coordinates departmental technical/clinical responsibilities to ensure that all are completed in a timely manner.
- Performs Polysomnographic/Sleep Studies according to established protocols and in a timely manner.
- Communicates with the Lead or Charge and other staff members to ensure efficient workflow; identifies problems and suggests solutions that can be utilized to correct them.
- Effectively communicates with personnel and physicians to ensure optimum work productivity
- Communicates with the leadership staff, physicians, and other staff members as to patient concerns and non-routine requirements.
- Documents in accordance with policy and procedures, to include but not limited to, marking respiratory event.
- Full Time (1.0 FTE: 80 hours every two weeks)
- 10-hour day shift Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
- 10am – 8:30pm (or 9pm)
- Located at Scripps Clinic Torrey Pines
- One of the following: [Registered in sleep technology from the American Board of Sleep Medicine (RPSGT) and Registered with the California Medical Board as a Polysomnographic Technologist]
- [Registered in Respiratory Therapy from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC/RRT) AND current state license from the California Respiratory Care Board as a Respiratory Care Practitioner]
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from an American Heart Associated recognized provider
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to function effectively as a member of a self-managed workgroup
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience in sleep disorders
- Sleep Disorders Specialist (SDS) Certification from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC/SDS)