Polysomnographic Technologist – Lead
At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work.
You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So, if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
If you are looking to join a highly motivated team that is focused on providing the best quality patient care, then this is the opportunity for you. You will be joining the Sleep Lab team at Scripps Clinic – Torrey Pines where you will work in collaboration with the other team members to support, direct, and oversee the routine function of the lab.
The Polysomnographic Tech Lead performs the following duties:
- Works under the general supervision of the Medical Director and management staff to provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders; this involves polysomnography, diagnostic and therapeutic services or patient care and education.
- Provides technical coordination of the department to assure success within clinical guidelines.
- Assist the Operations Supervisor with scheduling and being a primary contact for technical questions that may arise from other sleep techs.
- Assist with accreditation for the sleep department and being available to assist the Sleep Providers or Sleep Psychologists should they need clarifications on sleep studies.
- Administrative duties include completing staff timecards, ordering Sleep Lab supplies, and providing input of Sleep Lab staff evaluations.
This is a Full Time, benefited position, working 10HR Night Shifts, typically 8pm-630am or 7am, Monday-Thursday. Located at Scripps Clinic Torrey Pines.
New Hire and Relocation Incentive eligible. Ask your Talent Advisor for details.
The following are not eligible for hiring incentives:
- Internal candidates
- Rehires that left Scripps less than 3 years ago
To remain eligible for your retention incentive, the following criteria must be met:
- Must remain in original hired FTE Status and Shift (if specified in offer letter)
- Must remain in original department/specialty
- Must remain in original Job Title
- Transfers to other locations will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and may result in forfeiting remaining incentive bonus unless specifically noted in your offer letter
- One of the following: [Registered in sleep technology from the American Board of Sleep Medicine (RPSGT) and Registered with the California Medical Board as a Polysomnographic Technologist] OR [Registered in Respiratory Therapy from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC/RRT) AND current state license from the California Respiratory Care Board as a Respiratory Care Practitioner]
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from an American Heart Associated recognized provider
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to function effectively as a member of a self-managed workgroup
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelors degree
- 3+ years of experience in sleep disorders
- Sleep Disorders Specialist (SDS) Certification from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC/SDS)