Company Name: Kaiser Permanente, Martinez, California
Job Title: Polysomnographic Technologist
Health is our business
Make it yours. At Kaiser Permanente, we realize that it takes more than expert medical care to be one of the nation’s leading health care providers and not-for-profit health plans. It takes advanced technologies, state-of-art facilities, and the people to support them. Come impact your future, and the future of care. Consider this excellent full-time (36-hour) position available on the night shift at our Martinez, California Overnight Sleep Lab.
In this role, you will be responsible for laboratory set-up, patient hook-ups, and performing and evaluating ambulatory and overnight polysomnograms. You will function independently, safely operating sophisticated medical equipment which record sleep and wake physiology and will work as a team member performing any and all of the tasks required of each shift. Task sequences, methods, and procedures are established according to international standards and guidelines, as well as Sleep Clinic policy and procedures.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Qualifications for this position include the following:
• Two years of experience as a medical assistant or other equivalent related health care experience
• Twelve to eighteen months of experience in the field of polysomnography
• High school diploma or GED; some college preferred
• Aptitude in utilizing standard laboratory equipment preferred
• Graduation from a polysomnographic educational program approved by the Medical Board of California
• A current registered polysomnographic technician (RPSGT) certification issued by the Medical Board of California and the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists
• Medical Assistant certificate or other related health care personnel
• Current BLS issued by the American Heart Association
• Demonstrated knowledge and competency in all aspects of polysomnographic testing and procedures
• Computer proficiency and attention to detail
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• The ability to work independently and accomplish a multitude of tasks within a team structure
• The ability to communicate effectively with all hospital staff, physicians, and the general public
For immediate consideration, please visit http://jobs.kp.org for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 356143. Principals only.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
Discover what it’s like to be part of an industry-leading organization driving innovative care and technology. Get social with us and see what people are saying!
Glassdoor and LinkedIn: Kaiser Permanente
Facebook: Kaiser Permanente Thrive
YouTube: Kaiser Permanente Careers