Dear CSS Members:
You may be aware of the Phillips recall of certain PAP devices. We understand that this recall has placed a burden on sleep center staff and patients alike.
From various sources, the CSS has gathered an array of information regarding the recall and have located it into one easy to access place on the CSS website. We hope that you find the information valuable. Please do not hesitate to reach out to the CSS board, we will do our best to help during this difficult situation.
- AASM guidance in response to Philips recall of PAP devices.
- June 18, 2021, AASM panel discussion – watch recording.
- June 25, 2021, AASM panel discussion – watch recording.
- Philips Medical Device recall notification (U.S. only)/field safety notice (International Markets).
- Philips Medical Device Recall.
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration – Certain Philips Respironics Ventilators, BiPAP and CPAP Machines Recalled Due to Potential Health Risks: FDA Safety Communication.
- Patient Communication: Sample acknowledgement, consent and release